Well, more like I’d like to thank Heidi over at Kaprise! for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Now, I’m not sure how versatile this blog is or how versatile I am, but I am grateful for the honor of being granted such an award. My first!
All righty, I have some rules to follow…
1. Thank the person who awarded you and link back to them in your post. – See above. You should really check out Kaprise! Super cute dog photos along with tasty food photos and recipes.
2. Tell 7 Random facts about yourself. – Errr….do I have to?? All right…fine.
1. I’m thinking about trying some sort of variation of the paleo/primal diet for a few weeks.
2. I have lived in places with almost eternal summer weather and with almost eternal winter weather. (These are two different places!) I think I’m pretty acclimated to both cold and hot now.
3. Back in the day when my metabolism was awesome, a snack would be a whole pot of pasta after school. Yeah. I know that’s gross, but I was still hungry for dinner afterwards, so what can I say. I don’t do this any more. Plus, it’s probably really not that healthy to do.
4. People usually think that I’m about 4 inches taller than I actually am. Thank you good posture and dance classes.
5. I used to play two different instruments. I think it would be cool to be able to play a bunch of different instruments like my music professor in college.
6. I hate trying to figure out seven facts about myself to post on here.
7. I thought that last fact was my seventh until I went back and numbered my facts. Whoops!
3. Pass the award on to 7 new found (or old favorite) bloggers.
All right…I love a lot of blogs. I have to give a shout out to Rufus at Rufus’ Food and Spirits Guide because I see him commenting up a storm and being supportive of bloggers everywhere. He was my first commenter and even though I want to nominate him, I saw he had already won in the past, so I’m passing around the love to other bloggers.
All right…in no particular order…
1. Handsonwellness – A blog written by a massage therapist with great wellness ideas.
2. Roost – Beautifully laid out and photographed website with a focus on grain free food. I’ll go grain free for food that looks like that.
3. The Kitchen Sink Recipes – Food. Yum. My favorite post is about the beautiful baby shower. I want to have a friend that will throw me a party that beautiful.
4. The Gluten Free Lab – Written by a trio of women and all about gluten free recipes. I’m all for blogs and websites that cater to the grain/gluten-free population as I have a number of friends with celiac disease.
5. Not Without Salt – A beautifully photographed website about food. More yum.
6. When Harry Met Salad – Love the title. More food wonderfulness over here.
7. Tart to Heart – Found this one on Freshly Pressed. Ended up buying strawberries after reading about Strawberry Eclairs.
Check them all out. They are all great blogs. Most of them about food. Yum. Yum. Yum. Enough said.
4. Contact each blogger you want to pass the award on to and let them know you’ve done so, and let the giver of your award know you accept it… or not. – Done.
All right, I think this has been the most time consuming post even though there aren’t any photos. Whew! Now I need to go drink a cup of tasty African coffee to get through the rest of my day. (PS I’ll write about the African coffee soon…I promise.)